Rushing the field after the OSU-Iowa game

Monday, April 19, 2010

Emerging Technology #4- Photobucket

I stumbled upon Photobucket after reading and viewing blogs and assignments of some other colleagues. I have discovered that I really enjoy this website and am still discovering all it has to offer. Photobucket allows you to upload pictures, albums, create slideshows, even movies to share with family and friends. Not only can you upload your own images, Photobucket also has thousands of photos, backgrounds, even quotes and sayings for you to use to 'spruce up' your own creations. Everything is very user-friendly to make it easy to upload images. You can easily add captions and titles to your pictures.

I do see a few concerns with this technology. One issue is that you do need to sign up and create an account in order to upload pictures. This would present a problem if each student wanted their own account. However, since I have an account, I can publish my pictures which will still make them accessible to students. Another concern is the appropriateness of all the quotes and pictures provided by Photobucket. Although most are very kid friendly and general, we all know how kids are able to find the inappropriate ones.

One feature of Photobucket that I think would be neat to use in the classroom is allowing parents to view our pictures from home. Our Angel websites at school allow pictures to be viewed, but pictures are often too large to be inserted into our site or take a long time to load. By using the Photobucket link, students and parents can easily access their pictures and see what we are up to in school. I created a to highlight the training I am doing with my students for our upcoming 5K run.


No comments:

Post a Comment